We’re all in this together…
As always, Jamboree is committed to the overall health and wellness of all California communities. The health and safety of our residents, our employees, and their families is our top priority.
Jamboree is keeping business operations fully operational while we also ensure the wellbeing of our entire staff as they work remotely during this time. Following the ongoing direction of public health officials, all corporate events and gatherings are cancelled or postponed to later this year.
Together, we continue to safely deliver the housing and services so essential to our residents.
How we’re helping...
- Each one of our 8,000 resident households are receiving routine care and referral resource calls from our community impact team of 35+ resident service managers and coordinators.
- More than 1,400 vulnerable seniors and special needs residents are having food boxes delivered to their doorsteps.
- Residents facing lost jobs or reduced hours are being offered help with the options of deferred rent payments, interest-free repayment plans and penalty waivers. Additionally, all evictions have stopped.
- We keep moving forward on construction and development of more housing (700+ units) at a time when the security of having a home is even more critical.
How you can help...
- As an individual or family, make a donation that will provide basic essentials and rental assistance for our residents most in crisis.
- As a company, make a contribution, provide a grant and/or matching funds that can help bridge the gap for households that have lost jobs or seen hours cut. These are workers so vital to our neighborhoods.
- A donation of any amount today will make an immediate difference tomorrow. It’s easy to give where needed most, online via your preferred payment method, on our Give Center.
- For assistance with other essential services, please call 2-1-1 or visit 211.org.
- For assistance finding food, search for local food banks in your area.
- To file an unemployment claim, certify for benefits, get payment information and set up direct deposits to a checking account, please go to UI Online.
- For non-crisis emotional support for anyone struggling with mental health concerns, substance abuse, or loneliness, reach out via phone, text or live chat to the WarmLine for Orange and Los Angeles Counties.
- For immediate crisis counseling for those experiencing emotional distress to any natural or human-caused disaster, reach out to the national Disaster Distress Helpline. Call 800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746. Multilingual and confidential crisis support services are available 24/7. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions during a disaster.
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) information…