Executive Management Team
Executive Management Team
Connect with LauraEmail
Laura Archuleta strongly believes, “a complete community includes housing choices for all families." Since 1999, Laura has focused Jamboree Housing Corporation on the relentless pursuit of quality housing that people can afford. She’s guided Jamboree from a small, Irvine, CA-based nonprofit developer of affordable and workforce housing with 750 homes into a leading statewide provider of more than 7,500 homes in more than 75 communities.
While she’s proud of Jamboree’s expanding portfolio, it’s the faces behind these numbers that matter to her most. In 2001, her desire to go beyond housing and provide needed services for residents, and her vision for healthy communities, motivated Jamboree to start an in-house Resident Services Group – one of the industry’s first – that fosters learning, healthy living and community building for residents. These crucial services empower Jamboree residents to excel in school, cultivate strong friendships and develop more active lifestyles. Laura remains passionate about the award-winning quality of Jamboree housing and services in neighborhoods throughout California.
A gifted visionary and an exceptional innovator, she simultaneously creates a spirit of collaboration among her staff and external partners, while relaying her inspiring sense of mission and maximizing the talents and skills of those around her. She has a dynamic directoral style that keeps Jamboree on the cutting-edge of the industry. And, people have taken notice: In 2014, Laura was named “Person of the Year” by the Southern California BIA 55+ Housing Council for her commitment to providing innovative housing for seniors. She serves on a number of industry boards.
Laura’s personal commitment to affordable housing spans more than 25 years. Her own family experience drew her initially to the nonprofit housing sector. Her mother was born and lived in public housing growing up – instilling in Laura a strong sense of community and compassion.
Prior to joining Jamboree, she held several public sector positions, and her advocacy has led to the production and/or preservation of more than 10,000 high quality homes for low-income families and seniors. What does she love about her job? “I believe we have a tremendous impact on so many people’s lives and the way we go about doing that continues to change.”
Guiding principle: To create hope for people when they feel they have no hope or no future is a powerful motivator.
- 2017 Lynn Jacobs Memorial Affordable Housing Award, Los Angeles/Ventura Chapter, Building Industry Association of Southern California (BIA)
- 2016 Orange County Register 100 Most Influential
- 2016 SPIRE Award Superior Performance for a Woman in Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Orange County
- 2014 SAGE (Shaping Enhancements in Generational Environments) Person of the Year, 55+ Housing Council, Building Industry Association of Southern California
- 2013 Women in Business Awards, Orange County Business Journal
- 2010 Good Neighbor Award, Neighborhood Housing Services of Orange County
- 2007 Women of Influence, Real Estate Southern California